[Osia-members] OSIA Members may consider: Vic GOV Digital Future Funding

Daniel Jitnah djitnah at greenwareit.com.au
Wed Feb 27 14:13:11 EST 2013

Hello Members based in Victoria,

I attended  meeting a Head of Clusters Meeting yesterday - hosted by the
Vic Department of Business and Innovation.

The following grant were brought to attention and may interest Members.
First stage application closing date is 7 March and is an initial EOI
process.  See:

http://www.business.vic.gov.au/industries/information-and-communication-technology/programs/digital-futures-fund

This targets demand/solution driven projects as opposed to product
driven.  ie: here is a specific problem and we can develop a software
solution for it .. as opposed to:  here is a software project
idea/concept and we want to develop and market it.

In my opinion this may advantage Open Source projects, because it
emphasises a solution rather than a product and IP issues etc.

Note also the requirements among others which were emphasised:

1. has to have 3 partners
2. One of them has to be from a specific list : Education (TAFE or UNI),
Industry Organisation (OSIA would qualify as one), etc. (see link above
for full list)
3. Partners must contribute at least 25% of funding

The grant value is $50,000 to $500,000.

Please note this only came to my attention yesterday. OSIA's involvement
as a partner in its capacity of Industry Organisation has *not* been
discussed by the Board.  However in my opinion am sure the Board will
positively welcome discussion on this if a Member wishes to contact me
or another Board Member directly.

Cheers
Daniel

OSIA Director