[Osia-members] OSIA submission to ACIP Review of the innovation patent system

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Fri Oct 4 17:01:34 EST 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-26 at 18:21 +0930, Jack Burton wrote:
> Today, the Board agreed (out of session) in principle that OSIA should
> lodge a submission to the ACIP review.
>
> Submissions close on 4 Oct -- so we have very little time (effectively,
> we need a first draft ready by Sunday night; and the final draft tabled
> for Board endorsement by Tuesday night), but that should not stop us, as
> we have managed to respond to calls for specific submissions in less
> time before (e.g. the OSIA first OSIA submission to ACARA).
>
> The submission will be drafted collaboratively over the next few days.

Just a quick note to let everyone know that the OSIA submission to the
innovation patent review was lodged with ACIP this afternoon.

A copy is available on the OSIA website, here:
http://www.osia.com.au/drupal7/?q=node/28

Many thanks to Daniel Jitnah, Don Christie & Mike Hideo for their
exceptional work in the drafting & review processes, especially on such
short notice.

Thanks again to Ben Sturmfels for bringing the matter to our attention.

Finally, I note that OSIA member Muli Management has also lodged a
submission with ACIP on the present review; and that OSIA member and
gold sponsor Red Hat Asia-Pacific lodged a submission with ACIP during
the first phase of the review.

It is encouraging to see a broad range of organisations in the
Australian FOSS sector contributing to the debate around this important
issue.

Regards,

--
Jack Burton MACS CP