[Osia-members] Call for expressions of interest -- potential client

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Mon Mar 31 14:42:14 EST 2014

Afternoon, all.

A disability services organisation recently contacted OSIA asking to be
referred to a list of members suitable to address their requirements.

In the near future, we'll have the member referral service in place to
handle these sorts of requests.

But in the interim, we didn't want our members (or the client!) to miss
out, so we're dealing with this one the old-fashioned way.

The client has stated their requirements variously as:

"companies that could provide quotes to perform a full office
installtion of Ubuntu and or Red Hat/Open Source Software for a
Disabilitity Services Organisation. This would include Office, CRM and
Server side technologies."

and

"companies that can implement a full Open Source Office and Server side
solution for a Disabilities Services organisation."

Could any member interested in engaging with this potential client
please email me (off-list) before COB on Wednesday with your:
* Company name
* Contact name
* Contact email address (if different from the one you're sending from);
and
* Preferred contact telephone number.

A list of the above details for all members expressing interest (in the
order in which the EOIs are received) will then be forwarded to the
client on Thursday.

Please note that OSIA itself has no financial, nor any other vested
interest in the contract to be let and OSIA will not be participating in
the selection process -- once the interested members' details have been
passed on to the client, it will be up to the client to decide which
interested member(s) to contact and engage with further.

Regards,

Jack Burton
<jack at saosce.com.au>