[Osia-members] [Linux-aus] Open Source Industry Association call for nominations - ends Friday 9th Nov

Paul Moore pmoore at astute-systems.com
Mon Nov 5 17:10:43 AEDT 2018

Hi All, Mark,

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 at 14:23, Mark Phillips <
mark.phillips at automatedtestsystems.com.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just saw this email on the linux-aus list so I thought I would reply.
> (full context at bottom)
>
> In particular:
>
> Nevertheless,  significant  challenges  remain.
> The lion’s  share  of  the  work  in  2018  was  done  by  OSIA
> Company  Secretary  Jack  Burton  and  to  a  lesser  ex-
> tent from February to July also by my predecessor as
> Chairman,  Mark Phillips.   Ultimately,  such a division
> of labour is unsustainable.  If that continues,  it would
> be inevitable that the organisation will again & again
> burn out those individuals who are willing to contribute,
> lurching from one crisis to the next as they leave.
> 1) I hope there is no implication that my resignation was due to a burnout.
>     I wish to assure everybody that that was not the reason.

I wasn’t particularly trying to imply anything, but rather state openly and
clearly that yourself and Jack doing lots of work is unsustainable.

2) I haven't seen the OSIA newsletters since I resigned, so could you let
> me know what OSIA's has done since I resigned? The only thing I can see is
> that a possible director being negotiated with at the time of my
> resignation didn't join and that Don Lowe has also resigned. Oh, and the
> road shows were cancelled.

Certainly Mark. I’ll let Jack update you on the number of other things OSIA
has done since then.

Mark

Cheers,

Paul

PS While I'm asking, is there a reason why OSIA didn't submit  anything for

--
Cheers,

Paul Moore
Astute Systems