[Osia-members] OSIA Sydney Meet up

Andrew Perry andrew at openlocal.org.au
Wed Aug 28 15:26:27 EST 2013

Sounds great Brendan

We'd also be happy to co-host a Sydney meetup in November/December in
Western Sydney at Collaboratory (more to come at
http://www.facebook.com/collaboratoryAU &
http://www.collaboratory.com.au).  Collaboratory will be launching
around mid-October as a space for innovation through co-working
(Tue-Thurs) and collaboration events / hackfests / Unconferences /
meetings (evenings and Fri-Mon).

Given it is the election season, people may like to download the free
Where to Vote and How to Vote apps that have been developed by Community
Builders Australia using our MapIt server
(http://mapit.openlocal.org.au) built on MySociety's open source
platform and using data released by the AEC / ABS.

The Android versions of the apps are at:

Where to Vote: http://bit.ly/14JhAbn

How to Vote: http://bit.ly/15fQHSz

And for iOS at:

Where to Vote: http://bit.ly/15fgFmi

How to Vote: (awaiting approval)

Community Builders is contributing to our operational costs in return
for commercial use of our MapIt server.

Others should feel free to make "low-load" non-commercial use of it - we
hope to make it more user friendly for use via the browser over coming
months.

Regards

Andrew

*Andrew Perry*