[Osia-members] OSIA July update

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Mon Jul 29 23:39:44 EST 2013

Evening, all.

Well, July went by even faster than expected. Just a quick update this
month:

OSIA AGM
--------

For the last two years, OSIA has annexed its AGM to OSDC, as it's
generally held at the right time of year and presents a rare opportunity
to find many OSIA members from around Australia already gathered in the
one town.

That won't be possible this year, as OSDC is being held in New Zealand
(21-23 Oct in Auckland), and our AGM needs to be held in Australia
(although I'm sure there will still be a good turn out of OSIA members
at OSDC).

Instead, we're planning on holding the 2013 OSIA AGM in Adelaide on
Friday 1 November.

Notices will go out in due course, so for now just consider this a
heads-up to keep the diary free for 1/11. Since the AGM will be on a
Friday, it provides an ideal opportunity for interstate members to spend
the weekend in Adelaide and take in some of the many enjoyable sights
and world-class food & wine that SA has to offer.

As we're not annexing the AGM to a conference this year, and some
members will travel quite a distance to attend, the Board decided to
combine the AGM with the next OSIA SA forum, to make it more of an
"Event".

We're already in discussions with one exciting guest speaker, but as
always, more wouldn't hurt -- so anyone who might want to present a case
study that would interest your fellow members, please contact me
off-list.

Membership renewals
-------------------

It's that time of year again.

As noted last month, there will be no change to the OSIA membership fees
this year (see the website for the fee schedule).

Membership renewal notices will be coming out within the next couple of
days -- so please keep an eye out for yours.

OSIA needs our members' continued support to help fund the increased
level of activity seen over the past few years and build further upon
that in 2013/14.

Board meetings

The Board met by teleconference on 5 July and will meet by
teleconference again on 5 August.

As always, if members have any issues they feel need to be brought to
the Board's attention, please raise them on this list, or contact me or
any other OSIA Director.

Regards,

--
Jack Burton MACS CP