[Osia-members] OSIA October/November update

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Wed Nov 2 13:21:03 AEDT 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-02 at 12:41 +1030, Jack Burton wrote:
> ** TPP -- Senate references committee submission **
>
> On 26 October, OSIA lodged a submission to the Senate Standing
> Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence & Trade (references committee)
> regarding TPP. The Committee considered our submission and approved it
> for publication this week.
>
> Copies of our submission can be obtained here:
> http://www.osia.com.au/drupal7/sites/default/files/default/osia_sub_201610_sscfadt.pdf
> and here:
> http://www.aph.gov.au/DocumentStore.ashx?id=ea779e5c-c3c4-4f03-851c-924afecdc40a&subId=415157
>
> The Committee is due to report by 7 February 2017.

A quick addendum:

Members may also be interested in an article that ZDNet ran on TPP
yesterday, quoting extensively from OSIA's and from the Law Council of
Australia's submissions to the Senate Standing Committee.

The article is available here:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/tpp-at-odds-with-australian-copyright-law-law-council/

Regards,

Jack Burton