[Osia-members] NSW Government Procurement actively discourages use of Open Source

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:27:28 AEST 2017

In 2014 we discovered that NSW Procurement guidelines for large projects
state [1]:
/23.1 The Contractor must ensure that://
//(a) none of the Deliverables comprise Open Source Software; and//
//(b) it does not insert any Open Source Software into the Customer
Environment,//
//except to the extent otherwise approved by the Customer in writing. /

I've been alerted to the fact that this clause still exists in the new
draft, which is apparently due to be made public in September.

Jack,  I know you co-authored a submission to get this changed, and
presented the submission. Where did that eventually get to?

I'm thinking we might need to resubmit your submission.

Warm regards, Cameron

[1]
https://www.procurepoint.nsw.gov.au/system/files/documents/module_13a_major_project_systems_integration_services_v3.2.pdf

--
Cameron Shorter, Software and Data Solutions Manager,
Jirotech Pty Ltd,

P +61 2 8099 9000, M +61 419 142 254, W www.jirotech.com

P +61 2 8099 9000, M +61 419 142 254, W www.jirotech.com