[Osia-members] Australian Open-source-knowledgable Lawyers?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:15:29 AEST 2017

Nick,
For Open Source legal questions you will likely want to reach out to:

Brendan Scott IT Law Open Source Law
0414 339 227 http://www.opensourcelaw.biz

If you want guidance on setting up an Open Source strategy which works
in a business context, then I've been doing quite a bit of consulting in
that area. In particular, I've been helping agencies answer numerous
versions of this problem:
/
//Collaboration in the Open Source sense involves reciprocity,
co-development, community building, meritocracy, and do-ocracy. It is
time consuming, imprecise, unreliable, hard to manage, rarely addresses
short term objectives, hard to quantify in a business case, and rarely
mentioned in acquisition guides. And yet, in a digital economy, good
collaborative communities almost always out-innovate and out-compete
closed or centrally controlled initiatives. There are more people in the
rest of the world solving your problems than you can ever muster in your
own team./

Feel free to reach out if interested.
Warm regards,

Cameron Shorter, Software and Data Solutions Manager,
Jirotech Pty Ltd,
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf, 26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009

M +61 419 142 254