[Osia-members] The future of OSIA [was Re: Call for expressions of interest to serve on the board of OSIA]

Jack Burton jack at saosce.com.au
Fri Jan 5 13:59:44 AEDT 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-05 at 10:18 +1100, Paul Foxworthy wrote:
<...>
> And I don't think red tape is the biggest challenge for OSIA. A change in
> structure on its own will not make anything better.  I would rather we look
> at what OSIA *does* than focus on structures.

Couldn't agree more, Paul.

So let's talk about what OSIA does.

You've heard my view in my reply to Cameron's original post and Grant's
rather different view in his post today.

I'd be very interested to hear what others think:

What *should* OSIA's central focus be from now on?

Am I right on the money with public policy?

Or is Grant's vision of networking events & collective marketing
efforts preferred?

Or something entirely different again?

If you want us to do lots of different things, which are most important
and why?

OSIA is *your* industry body -- what can we do for you, the businesses
who make up that industry?