[Osia-members] Call for expressions of interest to serve on the board of OSIA

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 14:59:52 AEDT 2018

Paul, comments inline:

On 5/1/18 12:08 pm, Paul Foxworthy wrote:
> As one of the more active OSIA members who hasn't taken a turn on the
> board AFAIK, would you consider having a go this year?
Paul, thanks for the invitation, but I'm going to politely decline.
Yes I'm quite vocal about Open Source, and in my previous role was a
Geospatial Open Source Business Development Manager / Consultant.
However, I've just switched jobs (to technical writer / technology
demystifyer for a non-open source company). So I'm using that as an
excuse not to sign myself up.
The real reason for not accepting is that I'm not ready to commit the
time required, as I'm wanting to tackle a few other Open Source projects
- in particular writing about how to be more effective at Open
Government. There is some overlap here, and I'd be happy to co-author
content with others as needed and where there is overlap.

> Does the Oz chapter of OSGF handle money, or is it the parent body
> (which I notice is an incorporated not-for-profit in the US :-)?
The Australia/New Zealand chapter of the OSGeo foundation has
conveniently side stepped the handling of money - using the
international OSGeo foundation on the odd occasion when money handling
was required.