[Osia-members] OSIA Membership Value & AOSD

Ryan Cross ryan at crossfunctional.net
Mon Jan 8 18:49:36 AEDT 2018

On 7 January 2018 at 18:26, Jack Burton <jack at saosce.com.au> wrote:

> 3. Of the many things we could be (or perhaps even should be) doing,
> which should be the highest priority (or two at most) for OSIA in 2018?

​Following on from my comment in the other thread, I believe the highest
priority for OSIA in 2018 is rebuilding/increasing/strengthening the
​membership base of OSIA. This could take several forms of activity
(meetups/networking, marketing/advertising, press, newsletters/edm,
partnerships or whatever is the best strategy) but all other objectives are
only really possible once we've got a stronger base of membership. If not
obvious, the primary element of a strong membership base is having a large
enough pool of people who are willing to step up and contribute (time
and/or money) so that meaningful work can be accomplished on behalf of the
membership.

I don't mean to point blame or guilt anyone into anything, its simply a
matter of volume and capacity to deliver.
​
Ryan Cross
ryan at crossfunctional.net
http://crossfunctional.net